Field Trips to the Farm
School Field trips to the farm are about 2- 2 1/2 long and we are busy! Teachers can choose from several learning areas , all of which include hands on activities and fun! We offer K-5 opportunities to:
- Explore organic gardening and composting through planting/cultivating
- Meet and feed over 15 different farm animals/ learn about fiber animals, the life cycle of the chicken and humane treatment.
- Hike our mile long bluebird trail and discover native plants and birds
- Explore pond life
- Visit the wildflower meadow and honey bee hives to learn about pollinators and insects
- Walk along our “New York State Treasures” trail and find/explore New York State trees, birds, animals and plants
- Visit our “tasting” barn and sample the many different farm and agricultural products products
$6 per student with 2 teachers free per class.
Additional parents are $5 each and younger siblings are not allowed.
School Information Form